Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Bye Nikhil,We will always miss you.

Its a sad day for its never easy to tell an abrupt goodbye to what you thought would be a long story. Nikhil Kamath as the batch of 2005 of PSBB would remember was an exceptionally brilliant guy,an achiever in every sense of the word and who had the potential to get what he wanted. Over the years I have been fortunate enough to meet some very talented people but perhaps the class of 12B was by far the most gifted set of people I have ever been lucky enough to be associated with.Nikhil was one of the best.There was always an aura of confidence about him , almost a cocksure attitude about his ability and he was always on the mark.This is as I remember him from four years ago and I have met few like him since then.
I always looked at the honor board in the school with a fond memory, now I shall remember Nikhil and what could have been. In a sense his loss , its just not fair. He was exceptionally gifted and motivated and these guys dont come often.
When I look back and think of Nikhil I think of brilliance,amazing mathematical skills,motivated,achiever and whom we all thought would really go places.Its been an honor to have shared a class with him.He did in a sense achieve what many dont in a long time.Its a loss that we collectively mourn. This quote from Anish best sums it up for all the people who knew him and his friends…

I thought I had all the time in the world to catch up with him.. he was a great person and a good friend.. we’ll miss u, Nikhil!!”

5 comments:

  1. He was a gem of a person... My parents remember him as well, every open day they used to listen to his praises...

    We'll really miss you, Nikhil. We'll all miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im proud to have known a person like you nikhil

    may he rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. R.I.P Nikhil.May your family have the strength to cope through this traumatic period.

    ReplyDelete
  4. R.I.P Nikhil . will always remember you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. RIP Nikhil,though the good time we had was only for three years, i still remember him cracking jokes and making every one laugh in middle of the class... I still find my mom, even after 12 odd years praising him for his academic performance in class 4.
    Though you have left us nikhil, we will always remember you as a cheerful,good fiend
    -vikas

    ReplyDelete